CCLEC opens 3 RFID installation sites


The Cebu Cordova Link Expressway Corporation (CCLEC) announces the opening of three of its RFID installation sites to those who missed their appointment because of Typhoon Odette without the need to reschedule.

For their convenience, affected registrants will be accommodated by just presenting their QR code to the CCLEX RFID installers in SM Seaside City Cebu, Il Corso Lifemalls by Filinvest, and Robinson’s Galleria Cebu.

These installation sites are also open to install RFID on vehicles on Sundays. The CCLEX RFID installation is free.


SM Seaside City Cebu


Il Corso Lifemalls by Filinvest


Robinson’s Galleria Cebu

CCLEC has also resumed yesterday, February 14, 2022, the operation of its RFID installation in The Outlets at Pueblo Verde to cater to registrants located in Mactan Island.

The tollway firm previously had to suspend its RFID installation activities after Typhoon Odette battered Cebu on December 16, 2021, and downed power infrastructure and internet connectivity.

For those who are yet to get appointment for their CCLEX RFID installation, they can easily book a schedule through the “Register” tab at or visit

The RFIDs are needed to access the 8.9-kilometer Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway (CCLEX), which is expected to open to motorists this year.

The P30-billion CCLEX will use an all-electronic toll collection system to provide safe and seamless travel.

The construction progress of the project is presently at 90 percent. The remaining 10 percent work now only covers piping and ducting as well as construction of safety barriers at the CSCR on and off ramps, Cebu viaduct, main bridge, Cordova viaduct, and causeway. Embankment works are also ongoing at the causeway.

CCLEX, highlighted by its iconic crosses on top of the twin pylons of the cable-stayed main bridge over the Mactan Channel, is Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation’s (MPTC) first toll road project outside Luzon.

CCLEX, which will be the third link to Mactan Island from Cordova Municipality to mainland Cebu through Cebu City’s South Road Properties, has a design speed of 80 kilometers per hour (kph) and a navigational clearance or height of 51 meters to allow large vessels to pass underneath the bridge.

Not only is CCLEX seen to reduce traffic and make traveling more convenient but also spur trade activities and open greater economic opportunities for Cebu and the rest of the Visayas region.

CCLEX is a project of CCLEC, in partnership with the local government units of Cebu City and Municipality of Cordova.

CCLEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of MPTC, the toll road arm of Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC), a publicly listed infrastructure holding company and a member of the MVP Group of Companies.

MPTC is the largest toll road concessionaire and operator in the Philippines, which expansion goals include establishing toll operations in the Visayas, other parts of the Philippines, and in neighboring countries notably Vietnam, and Indonesia.